Friday, November 5, 2010

Just squeakin' in my Nov. 5 blog. Phew! First of all, I have to express my EXTREEEEEEEME displeasure that my Food Network has been yanked because some money-grubbing network is trying to rape AT&T and therefore, us customers, on the price we pay. Food Network is basically why we decided to even get cable, so you can understand my ire. HOW WILL I SURVIVE WITHOUT FINDING OUT WHO THE NEXT IRON CHEF IS????!!!! (Side note: It may be time to consider losing the cable and getting a life.)

Because I could not watch my previously recorded Iron Chef episode (Ming Tsai vs. Bobby Flay - sniff) I perused the movie channels and fell upon Good Morning, Vietnam. And on a more serious note here, is there anything more horrific, dehumanizing, and gut-wrenching than war? Really, I don't want to make light of this now. I know it's a fictional movie, but it depicts some of the very real horrors of war, and I'm left feeling a little bit ill. I know families who currently have loved ones overseas and in some very volatile areas. I recall not that long ago when my own brother was serving in Iraq and all of the fear and uncertainty that went along with not knowing exactly where he was or how he was doing. Yes, we trust the Lord that He will work ALL things together for the good of those who love Him. But, forgive me, God, there is still fear. Tonight I am praying specifically for Jeremy and Andrew and in general for all of those who are fighting to preserve our freedom and bring that same freedom I so recklessly take for granted to those who are oppressed. And in light of all that's going on in the world, being denied the ability to watch cooking shows is really not such a tragedy.

No comments: