Thursday, November 25, 2010

Count your blessings, name them one by one

1) The unconditional love and mercy of God
2) My hubby. He's a-ma-zing.
3) My kiddos. I complain, I know. But they are pretty stinkin' great.
4) My parents - how blessed I have been to have them raise me and remain so closely in my life
5) Siblings! Both by birth and marriage. Sharing life with you is a privilege
6) Laughter and having so many reasons to use it
7) Health - not just for me but for almost everyone in my life at this moment. For those I know and love who are struggling in this area, I'm so thankful for modern medicine and caring doctors.
8) Living in a country that, even with all its problems, affords me freedoms so many can only imagine
9) Friends I have known for years and are still willing to be associated with me (some even for my entire life!)
10) New friends
11) People who challenge me to think, act, know better
12) Books
13) Vehicles that (usually) run great and get me where I need to go (even if sometimes they have to be bribed with ridiculous things like, oh, new brakes. What gives?)
14) Enough to eat and then some
15) My humble abode. It works plenty good to keep us sheltered from the elements, and we have lots of great memories here.
16) My extended family - aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc. So many people in my life that fill me (and now my kids) up with love!
17) Incredible in-laws. Not everyone gets the privilege of marrying into such an amazing family.
18)All 4 of my grandparents being a part of my boys' lives. Watching the relationships they're forming is priceless.
19)Cofffffeeeeeee
20)CenterPointe church - God is working!
21) Sunshine
22) Living in a place where I can experience the majesty of God's creation through all 4 seasons (even though I tend to get grumpy about snow)
23) The wonders and convenience that modern technology affords
24) James's job and the fantastic people he works with/for
25) God's provision for all our needs plus a lot of our wants too
26) Christmas - a time to specifically reflect on the incredible love of God to send His son to earth so that we would not remain lost.
27) Music
And the list goes on........ Now the trick is to reflect on this EVERY day of the year!

No comments: