Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's Thursday?!

Guys, don't hate on me, but I just don't really have anything different to say here.  I think we my have found pretty darn close to a new way of life.  We do NOT miss our television.  We just don't. Is that to say that I will never watch again? Psshhhh, no. I think part of the reason we don't miss it is because we know this is temporary. HOWEVER.  Never again do I desire to go back to the land of the couch potato where we were previously residing.  There is a lightness and peace that has returned to our home or that maybe is here for the first time, really.  In my first post I mentioned the general unrest that had permeated our existence, and now it's like a fog has lifted.  It feels really corny to say this, but this week has truly been life-changing.
Hm, that's kinda sad.
I guess it's just evidence of how much of a grip these things have had on our lives without us realizing it.
A new realization today: I have not given my children enough credit.  It's me who defaults to the television as entertainment.  I try to head off any interruptions to my agenda at the pass by plunking them down in front of the electronic babysitter. They have shown me this week that they are MORE than capable of finding ways to enjoy life without the screen and have proven to me that when I do have to attend to matters other than them (ie: cleaning the house, which I was actually able to do today without the aid of the Power Rangers), they can handle it out of their own imagination.
I've been mulling over ways that we can make some of these changes stick as the week has gone on.  I'll spell some of those out here in coming days.  Tomorrow we head to Michigan for some fun family time.  James's family/siblings has not been together as one unit in, if my calculations are correct, about six years. So we are beyond excited for the good times that are ahead of us. Certainly better than anything MTV, Food Network, or G.I. Joe could entice us with.
Have a great weekend, y'all.

No comments: