Sunday, August 16, 2009

10 reasons I LOVE being a mom to boys





1) In a pinch, going to the bathroom is a cinch: step 1 - find a fairly secluded or at least waterproof/absorbable area. Step 2 - drop drawers, commence urination. Step 3 - pull up drawers. Liberally apply antibacterial gel. The end.



2) Fart jokes, bodily functions, and substituting the word "tootie" into any well-known tune is acceptable. Oh...wait...that's why JAMES loves being a parent to boys.



3) They have a (I can't even think of an adequate enough adjective!) wonderful, amazing, stupendous role model in their dad! I'm so blessed that they have him to look up to and learn from.


4) I have the opportunity to help turn a few good men out into the world: godly, respectful, hard-working, compassionate, and hopefully with the ability to cook and do their own laundry (you're welcome, future daughters-in-law!).



5) Someday, while my men go out into the world together to bring forth bounteous fish, or to test their strength and reflexes at the admirable sport of golf, I, the lone female in my home, will bask in luxurious hours spent reading without interruption or making my toes pretty.



6) There is no need for arduous exercise regimens. Keeping up with the energy of three boys everyday has me in possibly the best shape of my life.



7) The proud Louwerse name will live on....



8) I won't be breaking the bank on clothing and accessories since the boys' section in any store is about a third of the size of the girls'. And while there are extremely cute things out there for boys, let's face it - they can't compare to tiny capris or shiny patent-leather Mary Janes.



9) I don't have to worry about passing down my non-existent skills in makeup application and hair styling (where WAS I when every other female was learning this?!).




10) Should my attempts at teaching good manners fail, they will probably still be able to squeak by in society on that old adage, "boys will be boys".




2 comments:

Jess said...

I love this! I always think how happy I am to let Ro drop his drawers and take care of business anywhere... and I never thought about the trade off that I will have much time to relax while they are off conquering the world. That may make it all worth it as long as I have someone like you to do it with. Let's make Russ and James go on a boys camping trip and we can go to a spa....

SRR said...

I think your hair and makeup always look nice. You were a very good self-teacher:).
Love this post!