Thursday, April 23, 2009

Preggo update

There is hope! An end is in sight! Hallelujah. Yesterday at the doc I was told I am about 3 cm dilated (last week I was 1) and that, according to where I was with my last 2 kids, I'm "moving right along" (according to the doctor), and he feels fairly certain I will not make it to my due date. Woohoo! I brought up induction just to cover all my bases. Not that that is really my first choice because honestly, I would love for my body to just do the job it's been designed to do. But my cousin is getting married in Michigan on May 15, and both James and Jeran are in the wedding. So things start to get complicated if I go past my due date of May 6. Anyway, I could tell the doctor wasn't real gung-ho about the idea of induction, but after he had examined me and given me the 3 cm news, he said it seems like a moot point right now anyway. I tell you what, though, if I'm back in that doctor's office next Wednesday he and I are going to have MUCH more serious words about this.

No comments: