Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mom of the Year

Crikies!  I have a three-year-old!  And I have not so much as made MENTION of it!
My boy's birthday was sadly overshadowed by the passing of my grampa about a month ago now. Wow.  A month already. And wouldn't you know it, in the midst of all that it was my gramma who reminded me of the boy's birthday. Amazing.
So, yes. My boy. Grayson. You can read about his entrance into the world, should you so choose, here.
What can I say about this kid?  If I could freeze him at this age I definitely would. I probably would have done that about a year and a half ago already. But definitely now. He has me in stitches all. the. time.  He is constantly on the move but easygoing. Loving and kind - it's amazing to me how tuned in he is to others' feelings even at this young age. I still call him my baby, and most of the time he's content to let me treat him as such.  I try to pick him up and tote him around and then remember that he's a tank at 39 pounds and must concede that he's a big boy now. To top it all off he's been out of diapers for about two weeks now and doing a marvelous job with the whole potty situation. While his entrance into our family was not so much a planned event (on our part, anyhow), I CANNOT imagine our world without him. I think I can safely say that for the rest of my boys as well.
We did get a chance to celebrate my little love with a bowling excursion which, surprisingly, turned out to be more fun than harrowing. I'm telling ya, we're on the very cusp of the great years with these guys. Check out our fun:
Ready to bowl, baby!
Look at that form!


Can I just say that James filled out the form with all our names? Yikes.

Yes, that's right - James and Jeran tied.  And I was beat by a 7 and 4 year old.

Happy Birthday, Grayson!  And hooray for bowling!
 Other photos, just to prove that this big boy was once a baby.

A ham, now and forever

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ARE The Mother of the year! Your boys are blessed to have such a great Mom. The pics of Grayson....OH what a sweet boy. I think we need to freeze him at this age. Hugs to your family. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love and hugs.

Jill