Tuesday, January 20, 2009

FINALLY!!!

After an absurdly long time (ok, it was, like, two months, but that can feel REALLY long) of waiting, we finally received James's CFP test results in the mail today. We had a pretty good feeling that today would actually and at long last be the day since the results, according to the CFP website, were mailed out last Thursday. So when the boys and I got home from Little Lambs and some errands (poor James...I made him wait while I ran extra errands on today of all days) I ran straight for the mailbox. The long-awaited envelope was (and I cannot say this enough) FINALLY there. Without any ado I tore into it, and the first word that jumped out at me was CONGRATULATIONS. I assumed they did not mean, "Congratulations, you've lasted two long months while we tallied the scores" or "Congratulations, you get to study for this crazy thing again", and immediately called James at work. His shock and disbelief were priceless. He REALLY had prepared himself that he would not pass. I don't think he will truly believe it until he sees the letter with his own eyes. Phew! So that chapter can fade behind us now. His CFP is basically a title (and in my opinion there's a lot of stress attached for a title) that grants him greater credibility in his profession. People know you are serious about what you do when you have studied your butt off to put those three little letters behind your name. For James it was a combined effort of 11 years of experience, a year of classes, a week-long review class, and countless odd hours spend studying on his own.
There may be more opportunities and open doors for him via this designation, but for now I am just so proud of him and all the work he put into this endeavor and will have to think of a way to MAJORLY party to celebrate his accomplishment.

No comments: