Monday, August 30, 2010

Sounds I will miss

~ My son pedaling his bike furiously down the sidewalk, making up a story or song along the way
~ The ice cream truck. Despite the fact that it emits an altogether annoying song and turns my kids into slobbering maniacs, it is a sound of summer.
~ Shouts of joy out my window
~ Wind chimes (as they sway slightly in summer breezes, not as they are whipped furiously by winter gales)
~ Birds
~ Mosquitoes. Kidding.
~ Splashing pool/lake water
~ Crashing waves along the beach
~ Wind rustling along a tent's canvas (er...waterproof breathable material. Whatever) over my head
~ Rain (hey, when it's rain or snow I will take rain...said the girl with no basement to be flooded)
~ My footsteps pounding the pavement during a morning run
~ Campfires crackling

1 comment:

SRR said...

Mmmmm. Me too. Me too. I especially like that you have reference to running here, go girl!