Monday, July 12, 2010

Thoughts on growing older. From other people's brains

Hit the big 3-3 last Friday. As panicky as I felt three years ago about entering into the 30's, I'm finding it quite nice here. More comfortable in my own skin; content with the life God has given me; excited for the future but enjoying the moment; blessed by an amazing family. The year ahead is just ripe with possibility.

A few thoughts on growing older that I enjoy:

"Everything I know I learned after 30." - Georges Clemenceau

"It takes a long time to become young." - Pablo Picasso

"Pleas'd to look forward,
Pleas'd to look behind,
And count each day
with a grateful mind."
- Alexander Pope

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." - Psalm 90:12

No comments: