Sunday, May 9, 2010

Momma's Day Love

My mom has shown me by example that with God all things are possible as she has walked through some giant challenges and hurts in her life. She has a real, deep faith. She is a prayer warrior. She is gentle, patient, wise, kind, and genuine. She is a selfless wife, mother, and grandmother. She has become my friend as well as my mom and is one of the greatest blessings in my life.


My mom-in-law is the hardest working woman I have ever met and has passed on this trait to every single one of her children. She is endlessly giving and unconditionally loving, compassionate, tender, and godly. She has exemplified humility and contentment, and she gave me one of the most incredible, highly treasured gifts I've ever received: my husband.


Just a few of my incredible mommy friends/family who have taught me about life and parenthood (in no way a comprehensive list):

Robyn, who has taught me about making my kids my top priority but also about not giving up on my God-given identity, still pursuing my passions and interests, about always struggling to find that balance. Most importantly, who has taught me about keeping my eyes open to the world around me and challenging the status quo, to never settle.


Steph, who has truly been changed by the love of Christ, and is living out her faith authentically, powerfully modeling it for her children so that they can't help but be transformed by it. Who has taught me the joy of caring for my family and home and the equal joy of standing confidently in my identity as a woman of God. Who always listens, always prays.


Amy, who has shown me I am not alone in my struggles as a mom and wife but also that I am not a failure because I struggle. Who has encouraged me through her own life not to give up on pursuing Christ and to give to others selflessly.


Kris, who is showing me that we can temper the madness of motherhood with humor while also being real about the madness. Her authenticity and encouragement are more valuable to me than she probably even knows.


Aunt Joy, who has encouraged me to persevere because this too shall pass and who has truly been "great" to my children and me. :)


Jeni, Jill, and Ruth, truly my sisters, who have taught me about living in the moment, loving deeply, and staying true to myself.


Kara & Cathi, who have shown me the importance of just plain having fun with my kids and who have always had a listening ear (or email).


My grandmothers, who got this whole ball rolling. Who have clung to their faith through trials and triumphs, and who have given me years of their time and love. Who gave me my mom and dad, playing a pivotal role in who they are as well as who I am.


Jess, who has shown me how to embrace change in life fearlessly (even though sometimes we're scared spitless).


Trudy and Karen, who have taught me grace amidst the chaos of life and motherhood, and who so selflessly give.


Kathy, who has shown me how to put family first and know my limits, but who also so naturally finds ways to give of herself to others.


Jeanne, my "big sister" and dear friend. Who has stepped in and so willingly been there for my kids when I could not. Who models an unselfish and tireless love in caring for her husband and kids.

Happy Mothers' Day to these rockin' moms in my life and all of those who I neglected to mention. You ALL provide me with encouragement, support, and inspiration. My love to each one of you.

2 comments:

SRR said...

Julie,
I am so humbled right now to have been esteemed in such a way by you. And also to be included in such an amazing list of women. You are truly blessed to have such wonderful women surrounding you. And I am blessed to have you in my life. What a sweet idea this was to do this. Thank you, thank you for your friendship to me.
Love you,
Steph

Amy said...

Sniff...sniff. So sweet! Thank you so much for the kind words! You are such a wonderful friend and an important christian role model to me! Thanks for opening your heart to new friendships, helping me to "get through" many lazy days, listening to me when I vent or share the same worry over and over and of course for your many prayers! I often lift you up in prayer to be the women that God wanted you to be as a mother and a wife. Your love for Him shines through in your words and your actions to your family, friends and strangers. I am exicited to see how your boys grow up into Godly men.